Wednesday 1 May 2013

Quick & Easy: Tuna Subzi



Quick, easy and flavourful!

This is a good recipe to have around on busy days because it’s so quick to make and you can serve it with virtually anything, really. I normally just stuff my bread with it to make a quick sandwich or serve with some greens for a healthy and filling salad. It’s even good with rice!

I usually always have some leftover the next day, and I personally find it good straight out of the fridge too. I might be a little biased as I really, really like tuna in any kind of form – it’s one of my favourite fish but definitely not the cheapest and fish itself is already fairly expensive here in Poland. But tuna is so, so good. I definitely prefer it to salmon and luckily, it’s also much easier to find tinned tuna than tinned salmon in supermarkets over here.


On a side note, the weather is looking up here in Warsaw and it was so sunny the past week, although it has been raining recently. There are so many people outside doing fun things like cycling and taking walks. I’m so glad we’re past the grey and dreary days although I do not enjoy the heat as much! Also, warmer weather means finals are coming up and that’s something I never look forward to.



Tuna Subzi

1 small tin of tuna, drained (about 130g after draining)
½ tablespoon olive oil
1 small red onion, sliced thinly
½ tablespoon minced ginger
1 clove of garlic, minced
6 grape tomatoes (~125g), quartered
1 green chilli, optional
½ teaspoon tandoori masala
¼ teaspoon red chilli powder
¼ teaspoon cumin powder
1/8 teaspoon turmeric
Salt and pepper, to taste
A handful of coriander leaves (cilantro), chopped
Lemon juice, to taste (I used about ½ tablespoon worth)

Instructions:
In a wok, or a frying pan, heat the oil on medium/medium low.
Add the onion slices and let them cook for about 5-8 minutes until soft and the onion has some colour on them.
Add the ginger, garlic and sliced green chilli and stir fry for about 1 minute.
Add the spices and mix well until fragrant, about 1-2 minutes.
Add in tomatoes and tuna. Flake the tuna and stir to mix. Heat the mixture through.
Salt and pepper the dish to taste. Add in the chopped coriander leaves and lemon juice and give a final stir to the dish.
Serve however you prefer.
Quick meal
I took this while I was eating -__-

No comments:

Post a Comment